Municipalities/ Utilities have two prominent departments, a Commercial department (often part of the Financial department) and a Technical department. There is seldom anything in-between. However, combining and processing information from both the Commercial and Technical side is instrumental in forming and executing plans and programs that can lead to a reduction of operating costs and increase in revenues. Such programs include:
- Commercial rehabilitation,
- Networks rehabilitation (backlog),
- Conservation planning, etc..
The Hydro-Comp MIS Solution for Water Supply is aimed at bridging the gap between the Commercial and Technical departments for larger Utilities/ Municipalities. It is instrumental in increasing revenues and lowering costs.
The MIS solution should preferably be implemented at an “MIS” department of the Municipality/ Utility and the results reported by the department head directly to senior decision makers.
In implementing the solution the following services are required:
- Setting up EDAMS Network Asset Register (water), Data evaluation and Assistance in Network Data Validation
- A comprehensive Demand Analysis study
- Supply & implementation of the EDAMS Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning Systems
And is followed by either support or outsourcing services. Outsourcing is common practice for this type of work as Municipalities rarely have the resources to cope with producing the detailed list of deliverables arising from such a department
For a comprehensive description of Hydro-Comp’s Distribution Management solution for Water Supply refer to document: