The EDAMS Data Management system supports in detail all Utility/ Municipal services such as electricity, buildings & structures, pavement management, storm water, waste disposal, sewer management, and water supply management.
The system uses dedicated network data structures and element libraries that have been specifically designed and developed for Utilities/ Municipal Authorities. For example, for Water Supply it includes pre-defined element libraries to make provision for all the standard network elements, including pipes, pumps, valves, etc. and allows the capture and manipulation of all necessary attribute information. It can even assign efficiency and deterioration curve performance characteristics to individual elements.
Functionality of the Data Management system includes:
- Unique Departmental Data Models: Data models suitable for maintenance, design and analysis applications, industry-specific element libraries simplifying data capturing and improving data consistency
- Data Acquisition & Structuring: Allows the importation and data conversion of different formats of network data, e.g. ArcGISTM, MapInfoTM and AutoCAD®; automatically structures the network data according to connectivity rules; ensures engineering integrity and simplifies network data field validation with built-in discrepancy analysis identifying problem areas.
- Data Management: Maintains an accurate register of network elements and cost components; updates and maintain network data through structured procedures.
- Network Data Capture/ Update Utility: A stand alone module that can be used to create/ update networks. The module can be used in field surveys and can import and export files from the Network Data Management systems.
- Projects Register (project tracking): The module provides the tools for the registering and reporting of both proposed and completed projects for the effective managing of rehabilitation and expansion projects.
- Flexible Reporting: Uses pre-defined system reports or create user-defined reports via Crystal Reports®; generates a bill of quantities based on actual network elements; Produces annotated and thematic maps; analyses and displays network elements with embedded GIS functionality
Network Data Management Modules – main features & more information
The table below lists the different EDAMS Basic Asset Management Systems
|Code||Name||Brief description||Read more|
|EDAMS-Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning Systems (NAM)|
|EDAMS Basic Asset Management Systems|
|NAM-CORW||Network Data Management (Water)||EDAMS Asset Management (Water) 5.0|
|NAM-CORS||Network Data Management (Sewer)||EDAMS Asset Management (Sewer & Drainage) 5.0|
|NAM-CORE||Network Data Management (Electricity)||EDAMS Asset Management (Electricity) 5.0|
|NAM-CORM||Data Management (Municipal)||Asset register for Municipalities ||EDAMS Asset Management (All Services) 6.0|
|EDAMS Asset Management (Transportation) 5.0|
|NAM-CORG||Core product (general)|
|NAM-NDC||Network Data Capture/ Update Utility|
|NAM-PRO||Projects Register (project tracking)||EDAMS Network Planning (Projects Register) 2.5|