The EDAMS Assets Management and Infrastructure Planning system supports the full set of services in the Municipal infrastructure domain such as electricity, buildings & structures, pavement management, storm water, waste disposal, sewer management, and water supply management.
The specialised Windows-based asset registers use dedicated network data structures and element libraries that have been specifically designed and developed for Municipal Authorities. For example, for Electricity Departments it includes pre-defined element libraries to make provision for all the standard network elements, including transformers, protection devices, Generators and road devices, and allows the capture of all necessary attribute information. It can even assign efficiency and deterioration curve performance characteristics to individual elements.
The table below indicates built-in functionality for the different Utility/ Municipal Services
|EDAMS Technical |
|Potable Water||Waste Water||Storm- water||Roads/ Pavement||Electricity Distribution||Solid Waste||Properties & Structures|
|Data Management||Land Information System (LIS)||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Asset Register (database)||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Data Capture/ Maintenance||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Maintenance Management||Maintenance Management||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Maintenance Data Analysis||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Web Work Order Management||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Asset Management||Asset Inspection||√||√ CCTV||√ CCTV||√ PMS||√||√||√|
|Distribution Management||Zoning Manager||√||√||√||√||√|
|Commercial Data Evaluation||√||√|
|Engineering Analysis||√ WATER||√ SEWER||√ SEWER||3 rd Party||3 rd Party|
The Basic EDAMS-Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning Systems supports a wide range of functions, which include:
- Efficient and systematic collection, storage, retrieval, management, analysis, and reporting of asset information.
- Integration and management of the asset life cycle by integrating different work processes and their associated datasets.
- Sharing of data across Municipal Departments,
- Increased operational efficiency by aiding in the planning, execution, and coordination of maintenance operations,
- And tracking and managing the information related to projects, work.
Additional modules on the basic Asset register and basic data management enable activities for effective:
- Fixed Asset Management: A Financial Asset Valuation module for assessing asset life, assessing removal & purchasing costs and market and residual values.
- Monitoring & Control: Various modules are included for monitoring and control.They include:
- Metering/Logs Manager for filtering and processing of raw readings as well as analysing and corrects bulk meter readings and reducing them to flows,
- a Web – Operations Data application for capturing/ updating element attributes, bulk meter readings and Element logs through the web,
- a Sewer Visual Inspection (CCTV) module for extraction and evaluation of condition data information from archived sewer inspection data and CCTV recordings,
- a Pavement Management System (PMS) module for assessment of the condition of roads/ pavements
- as well as generic functions for condition assessment of assets
- Distribution/NRW Management: Modules include a Zoning Manager for modelling, managing, monitoring and controlling their zones and a Demand Balancing/ Leakage Analysis module that evaluates leakage per zone based on night-flow analysis and balances supply with demand per zone. The module also performs live zone leakage detection when linked to telemetry and can be further used for emergency management through automation.
- Water Quality Monitoring: The environmental Integrated Quality Monitoring System (IQMS) can be used to monitor water/ effluent quality by the Utility/ Municipality. The module includes a Library with Regulations Governing the Quality of Drinking Water/ Air and Ground allows for user definable Standard Analyses, keeps Sampling Point records has analysis of historical records and provides a link to laboratory systems & records.
- Rehabilitation Planning: Modules exist for both Commercial and Technical Assets. The Commercial data evaluation module evaluates billing data and highlights data problems as well as identifies problematic meters/ connections for rehabilitation. The Technical module assesses rehabilitation alternatives to build a system rehabilitation plan prioritized by system risk within given budgetary constraints.
- EDAMS Network Planning (Water & Sewer): Modules exist for comprehensive demand analysis that includes
- Land Usage analysis for identification of illegal/ unregistered connections and future developments within supply areas,
- Demand generation,
- a detailed NRW audit that includes Wastage & internal leakage as well as illegal/ unregistered connections and
- Demand forecasting and design demand generation. Modules also include system component evaluation for evaluating capacity requirements of main transmission components as well as hydraulic analysis of water and sewer networks.
Product Modules – main features & more information
The table below lists the different modules of the EDAMS Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning system.
|Code||Name||Brief description||Read more|
|EDAMS-Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning Systems (NAM)|
|NAM-COR#||All Asset registers include |
|NAM-CORW||Network Data Management (Water)||EDAMS Asset Management (Water) 5.0|
|NAM-CORS||Network Data Management (Sewer)||EDAMS Asset Management (Sewer & Drainage) 5.0|
|NAM-CORE||Network Data Management (Electricity)||EDAMS Asset Management (Electricity) 5.0|
|NAM-CORM||Data Management (Municipal)||Asset register for Municipalities ||EDAMS Asset Management (All Services) 6.0|
|EDAMS Asset Management (Transportation) 5.0|
|NAM-CORG||Core product (general)|
|NAM-NDC||Network Data Capture/ Update Utility|
|NAM-PRO||Projects Register (project tracking)||EDAMS Network Planning (Projects Register) 2.5|
|Fixed Asset Management|
|NAM-FINA||Financial Asset Valuation||EDAMS Fixed Asset Valuation 5.0|
|Operations - Monitoring & Control|
|NAM-MRL||Metering/Logs Manager||EDAMS Demand-NRW Management (Metering-Logs Manager) 2.5|
|NAM-OPS||Web - Operations Data application|
|NAM-INSS||Sewer Visual Inspection (CCTV)||EDAMS Rehabilitation (Sewer Visual Inspections (CCTV)) 2.5|
|NAM-PMS||Pavement Management System (PMS)||EDAMS Asset Management (Transportation) 5.0|
|Operations - Distribution/NRW Management|
|NAM-ZONW||Zone Manager (Water/ Sewer)||The Zoning Manager is a tool that as part of an effective Asset Management program can assist the Utility in|
Includes automated zoning
|EDAMS Demand-NRW Management (Zone Manager) 2.6|
|NAM-ZONM||Zone Manager (All municipal services)||Zoning tool that as part of an effective Asset Management program can assist the Municipality Departments in||EDAMS Demand-NRW Management (Zone Manager) 2.6|
|NAM-BALA||Demand Balancing/ Leakage Analysis||EDAMS Demand Balancing-Leakage analysis 2.5|
|Operations - Water Quality Monitoring|
|ENV-IQMS||Integrated Quality Monitoring System (IQMS)||EDAMS
Quality Management Information
|Planning - Rehabilitation|
|B&CI-CDE||Commercial Data Evaluation||EDAMS B&CI-Commercial Data Evaluation Pamphlet 5.1|
|NAM-TREH||Technical Rehabilitation Management||EDAMS Rehabilitation Management (Technical) 1.0|
|Planning - Water & Sewer Networks|
|NAM-DEMA||Data Merge & Standards definition||Cadastral & Billing data reconciliation||EDAMS Demand Analysis - Managenent. (incl Audit) 1.0|
|Land usage analysis||Plot classification into
|NRW Audit (Demand Audit)||
|System Component Analysis||
|Commercial Rehabilitation Lists||
|Design Demands (Water)||
|Design Loads (Sewer)||
|NAM-WAT (stand-alone system)||Water Network Analysis||EDAMS Network Planning (Water Network Analysis) 1.5|
|NAM-SEW (stand-alone system)||Sewer Network Analysis||EDAMS Network Planning (Sewer Network Analysis) 1.4|